Hello :D, Hexscreen v1.2 is now available!
I fixed some bugs and added some more features:
- Advanced color picker: the old color picker was very simple, it only allowed the user to select a hue. The new one allows the user to customize the colors to the max!.
- Higher quality image support: the older version limits the maximum image width (or height) to 512 pixels. You can now choose images up to 1024 pixels.
- Added a file picker: I made a mistake when I assumed that all Android users have a file browser installed! To deal with that I implemented a simple file picker (and I enjoyed it) and packaged it with the app. Now my Hex File Picker will be listed with any other file browser available on the phone when the user wants to pick a style from a file.
- Improved screen positioning: in this version the hex screen will always be centered in your screen, so hopefully no more empty areas are left.
Issues with some devices:
For some reason some devices couldn’t compile the shaders of the app. No shaders means no app!.
I did modify the shaders for this version and hopefully they will work on those devices too, one problem is that I can’t know if the app is working fine, I can only know that the app is not working well (using ACRA).
So if you have any of those devices please feel free to try the app and tell me of the results:
- LG Google Nexus 4 (Android 4.3)
- Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite (Android 4.0.3)
- Asus Google Nexus 7 (Android 4.3)
- Samsung GT-N7000 (Android 2.3.4)
- Samsung GT-N7100 (Android 4.1.2)
- Samsung GT-I9100 (Android 4.1.2)
- HTC One X (Android 4.2.2)
you can download the app freely from your favorite market:
The app is also coming soon on Opera market.That’s it I guess :D, If you have any questions or comments I’ll be happy to answer 🙂 .